Interested in Joining the Humboldt SAR?
Information describing the requirements to join our team are outlined below and the duties in which you need to be proficient are stated. If you do not have experience with any of these skills, we will provide regular training to assist in your ability to be proficient in the field. A two-year commitment to the team is required.
- Return the completed application (look below for the link) with a copy of your driver’s license.
- Complete First Aid, CPR, and FEMA ICS 100 courses. Copies of your completed certificates need to be included with the application.
- Appear for an oral interview with the board of directors. You will be contacted with an interview date and time.
- Receive and submit a background packet from the Humboldt County Sheriff’s Department. This packet will be emailed to you after your successful oral interview.
- Upon acceptance to our team, you must pay for your uniform and personal search equipment. In addition, a $15 fee is to be paid to the group annually.
If you are unable to comply with the qualifications and above-stated requirements, please do not apply for membership.
All applications can be sent to Humboldt County Sheriff’s Posse, Inc.
PO Box 410
Eureka, CA 95502
SAR Team Activities
- Navigation/GPS/Route Finding
- Man Tracking
- Search Theory and Techniques
- Radio Communications
- Vehicle / Boat / ATV Operations
- Rope Rescue
We have business/training meetings on the second Tuesday of each month (8:30pm-9:30pm). There are four full day (8am-5pm) quarterly trainings and one annual weekend campout. Periodic work details occur as well.